Baseball is one of the most favorite games of Americans. Probably during the studies, you touch on this topic in the context of various sports. It is also very likely that you will be assigned to write a baseball essay.
It’s great if you know a lot about baseball. After receiving the task, you understand what you are going to write about. But if not, it is even better: you have the opportunity to learn something new about the world of sports. And you might want to watch or even play this game.
Despite your involvement in the game, you want to write a great essay on baseball to get a good mark. But the main indicator of the quality of your paper is if the reader not only learns about baseball but also becomes interested in this game. How to do this?
Always Start with The Plan
When you know the topic of paper, requirements, scope, deadlines, and understand what you want to write, you need to prepare a plan for your work. This will help you to understand the workload and increase the chance to do it on time.
But even if you have a whole month for this job, you shouldn’t postpone all the plan items for the last moment. Planning to work on the baseball essay, set yourself a deadline, when and what task you should perform. So, you will have time to think over ideas, study the issue further, carefully check your work. Haste is the most common factor of poor-quality papers.
Research Is Important
If you know nothing about baseball, this is the most important part of the job for you. You need not just to understand the meaning of the game, but to grasp enough so that you can interestingly tell about baseball to your readers. Looking for additional information is useful, even if you’ve been playing baseball since childhood.
So, no matter what approach you use to the disclosure of the topic, you may search, for example:
- Baseball history
- Official rules
- Interesting news and so on
Think about the list of key requests in Google, write them down, not to forget. Look for examples of other essays about baseball for inspiration. You will have to view a lot of information, filter it, use only the most interesting and relevant. The more words you need to write in an essay, the more diverse sources you should study.
It’s Time to Write
After you’ve gathered all the necessary info, it’s time to sit down for writing an essay. All you need is to draw the reader’s attention with a strong introduction, keep the intrigue in the body section of the text, and complete the essay with summarizing phrases.
- At the beginning of the paper, you need to convey to the reader what you want to tell, and what will be discussing – in your case, this is an essay on baseball. Maintain a logical sequence. At the beginning of the essay, it makes sense to tell what baseball is. Explain all the basics of the game. In this part of the text, you need to tell the reader everything that he needs to know to understand the rest.
- The body part of the essay. It is important not only what do you write, but how do you write it. What can you do to make the reader interested? How to make him imagine this game, even if he had never seen it? You should appeal to the reader’s feelings, describe things in as much detail as possible. Describing objects and actions, select the strongest adjectives. All the time, ask yourself “how”: how does it looks like (the ball is brown and rough); how fast you need to run (like the wind) and so on. Use literary techniques: comparisons, metaphors, and personification. That will definitely help you to write one of the best baseball essays in your class!
- At the end of the essay, you can summarize everything discussed above. But the height of the skill will be if you leave the reader interested. He should want to learn more about this topic and continue studying on his own. Also, at the end of the essay, you can announce the next interesting match and invite the reader to see it.
Baseball Essay Topics
There are many variations on themes and approaches to writing an essay about baseball. We offer to consider some of the topics. You can take one as a basis, but also fill the text with others.
- The history of baseball. Why did it become so popular?
- Rules of the game. How did they change, and why are they like that?
- The terminology of baseball. What are the slang terms?
- Why do you like this game so much? What is your favorite player?
- Tell about the latest important news. How did this event affect the history of the game, or is it unusual?
- What are the problems with this sport? How do you think they can be solved?