Tricks to Make Your Paper Seem Longer Than It Is
All students don’t like so much to complete their writing assignments, especially when it comes to the word count. Imagine you have been researching for many days but the information you found is not enough according to teacher`s requirements. Of course, you will be disappointed. In this case, you have to become a little bit creative and follow these useful and tricky tips on how to make your essay longer.
- Tip number one is about your topic. Make the header of your essay a bit longer than it is necessary. No details should be missed here.
- It would also be good for you to raise the font size. No one should even know that it is 12.5pt not 12pt.
- If there is no better idea than making all the periods and commas bigger, just do that without thinking. Raise them to 14pt, for example. It may sound a bit pointless for you. However, if there is nothing else to write in your essay, this will be a good option.
- Make your spaces longer. Your teacher while checking the essay will not be able to differentiate different sizes of spacing. So, you can do this as well.
- The next advice on how to make your essay longer is to put some extra space around your title. It should be specified without doubt.
- Times New Roman Font looks similar to Bookman Old Style, while the last one is a little bit bigger. So, you can change the font of your essay. Be sure that your teacher will not see the difference while checking the paper.
- The best idea for making the length of your essay bigger is to be as descriptive about everything as it is only possible. Describe everything in details and not miss something concerning this or that topic. It will also show that you did a great research work and are aware of the topic you were working on. Of course, someone would say that it is not correct for some science paper but for the word count this idea sounds perfect.
- While writing your essay, you can also add some quotations and saying as fillers. It will make your essay longer and more interesting in addition.
- By replacing all pronouns with the proper names you can easily enlarge your essay. You have “they all went to the park”. Won`t it be better to write “Tom, Emily with her husband, Jack and Oliver went to the park”. Think about it as well.
- Make some tricky thing with your margins. Certainly, you need to be careful with your left and right margins. However, speaking about your bottom margin, there are no limitations. If you want to make your essay longer, make your margin bigger.
- Don’t forget about the footer with page numbers. Your teacher will appreciate it of course. It will also help you while enlarging your essay.
- If you want to care about all the details, you can put your header to every single page of your paper. It will only help, not only in case of remembering your teacher what your essay is about.
- Don’t hesitate to create a separate cover page for your paper.
These were tips on how to make an essay longer. Use your creativity and put all efforts to do your best with the assignment.